A couple of weeks ago, we were invited to join fellow Cheltenham Mumbosses and their little cubs at the launch party of Dinky Street! We heard last year about owners Louise & Michelle’s plans for a brand new play centre in Cheltenham, and have been eagerly awaiting the grand opening ever since.
Based in Bishops Cleeve, Cheltenham, children from 0-7 years can attend a play session which lasts 1.5 hours for just £5.80, can take one parent for free, and siblings get a discount. There are also quieter special needs and physical disability sessions each month. The later afternoon session from 3.30pm – 5pm allows older children up to age 10 to join in for some after-school fun too.
Dinky Street is a bustling little street, with your everyday needs catered for in beautifully bright and sparkly clean role play rooms.
Little cubs can x-ray and bandage their wounds at the Doctor’s surgery, tame their curls at the hairdresser, have a manicure in the beauty salon, and enjoy afternoon tea in the café! After a busy morning building a wall and fighting fires, they can pop to the supermarket for lunch. But make sure they pay at the checkout – or they could end up behind bars at the police station!
And while they are having fun, they are also learning on the job, with play widely acknowledged by child development theorists as having a hugely beneficial impact on:
- Brain Development
- Social Skills
- Physical Development
You can read more about why role play is so important here:
Meanwhile, Mums and Dads can chill out in the café with a lovely coffee and well-deserved slice of cake. You can even book birthday parties – with lots of different packages available to suit your needs and budget, and the fancy dress drama corner will be great for this too!
Little cub Flo had a wonderful time, and keeps asking when we can go again (we’ve since been back with her cousins).
Check out her Dinky Street favourites (she’s rocking her favourite denim dress):
- The supermarket till actually beeps! With shelves fully stocked with groceries and a cute fruit and veg stall to fill your trolley – ready, steady, supermarket sweep!
- A kitted-out kitchen to serve your customers, an ice cream counter and oodles of cake in this quaint little cafe
- Using the cement mixer and wheelbarrow to build a brick tower with Daddy, and then knocking it all down again (Daddy also had tower-building contest with another Daddy!)
- Getting dressed up and driving the huge fire engine, then racing around on the smaller ride-on one “nee-naw, nee-naw”
- Powdering her nose and cutting her hair in the salon, complete with the latest Hello magazine at the reception desk!
So why not try a new fun day out in the Cotswolds, click here to head over to their website to learn more and book your session online (super easy to do).